Advantages Of Online Therapy
Online and Tele therapy has been proven to be as effective as in-person therapy. Ironically, people tend to stay in therapy longer in online and tele therapy versus in–person therapy. As with any kind of treatment you should contact your therapist or health care provider first to determine if online therapy is right for you.
Here are some benefits or advantages of online therapy or tele therapy:
- Reduced Time- this seems to be the concern on everyone’s mind. Online therapy saves you time. No need for drive time, parking, or waiting in the front lobby, or even checking in at the front desk. Payment is even set up in advance.
- Reduced Costs-Online therapy saves you time and money. You don’t have to drive or commute, look for parking or pay for parking or tips etc.
- Comfort- Online therapy can actually be more comfortable. You can be in your own office, your own home or somewhere private where you will not be disturbed or distracted.
- Flexibility - With the world today traveling is much more than it used to be, so if you’re traveling you can still keep up with your treatments. If you do not have traditional work hours you can schedule an appointment with rearranging work schedules, home schedules etc.
- Convenience- If you live in remote are you have more access to specialists.